Another new tool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, May 28, 2004.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I realize many of you guy's have gone this route, but I've been too lazy to bite the bullet and buy an impact.
    Well, I just bought my first cordless impact and it's unreal. Being cordless, I don't need any "air support", or an outlet to make it work. Cost is $199, and it has 130 ft. lbs. of torque, which is plenty for most jobs. I went for the lighter, small unit, and it lets you change 3 blades in under two minutes.
    If you don't have one, it's well worth the investment.
    Part time Pete

impact.jpg

2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I had been considering one for automotive purposes (already have air), where did you get it for $199? Thanks, Mike

3. Doc Pete

www.toolmanonline.com

Hope this helps,
    Part-time Pete

4. Is the torque setting adjustable?

I'd like to be able to limit it to the 85 ft lbs that I torque my blade bolts to.

5. Doc Pete

No, but like many impacts, once it's tight you can watch it tighten more, so just guessitmate at how long to hold the trigger. It's very user friendly. Also, since the trigger is adjustable, it's very easy to start a bolt very slowly, and then pull the trigger all the way to snug it up.
    BTW, the price included free shipping.....
    Part-time Pete

6. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i have a Milwaukee i have had it for about 6 years now and i swear by it

7. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

That is sweet!! As it is now I can not change blades out in the field. I use an air impact at my shop to remove and install blades. Once they are on there on!! I think I may look into one of those gizzmos. It would be nice if Ryobi makes once since I have the charges and batteries on hand already. I am off to browse the net.:)

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Cordless impact and cordless grease gun (high pressure) are the best 2 tools I own...hands down. Good luck with it Pete.

9. Doc Pete

I was leary about getting a cordless impact, but this puppy has plenty of power for my blades. The battery is the smaller/lighter 14.4 v, but is the extended run (more mah, milliamps). I've done about 6 changes (3 blades each, off and on) so far, and I don't notice any drop in power.
    It easily will go 100 ft. lbs. in a few seconds.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I hear that! I have one of those ryboi 18V 6 or 7 piece kits, and wish they made an impact to go with it.

I currently use sockets on 2' breaker bars for my blades, one on top, one on bottom, but I definately would like to get a cordless impact.

Time to hit eBay!:)