another new (used) truck deal

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Metro Lawn, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I posted a pic of the 96 we bought last week. I bought this off eBay yesterday. 1990 3/4 ton Dodge Ram, 360, auto, 88,000 miles. Pretty clean truck. New paint a year ago. Was a local repo tow truck. Bought it for $3000, sold the towing unit today for 1800.00. Truck cost $1200. Can't beat a deal like that. I know "itsgottobegreen" will have something to say about though..lol Will post pics this weekend after it's lettered.

ps sorry about the pic, took it in the dark

tow0002.jpg

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That's funny, other than for the dents (MY truck has a few) it looks exactly like my '86 D-250, and yes it is very nice your truck :)
    Considering the running lights, you sure it is not a D-350? Not to say you can't put them on a 250 but around here only the 350's are required to have them AND the roof is pre-fitted for the holes already. That and the D-250 I have is a 318 engine, the 360 is available but few have them so VERY nice regardless of model.

3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

8 lug topsites...arent those usually 3/4 ton?

4. efaubert1

efaubert1 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

3/4 and 1 tons are both 8 lugs Brian. By the way, nice truck

5. Metro Lawn

cab markers are an option, I have 3/4s both with them and without. I like them myself, wish they all had them.

e47pts0005.jpg

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

John, It seems like every time im on here you have a new truck. LOL. thats a sweet truck though. May I ask why your getting these and selling the other ones?

7. Metro Lawn

Mark, we are adding 2 more lawn routes and another spray route next season. The other trucks are great for plowing (mostly at night), but aren't that pretty to be running around during the day. I would rather have decent looking trucks doing work during the day. As I find good deals, I will continue to replace the ugly plow trucks with pretty ones...lol

8. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

John, right on, nothing wrong with that. I'd love to take that black truck off your hands, but theres no room in our driveway for it, so if I bought it, my bro would be ticked off as in having to move more more truck out of the way when he has to leave for work :( Hopefully I can get the garage cleaned out and make some room and I'll see what I can do.

9. Metro Lawn

I might have to keep these old trucks too. Found out today that we will most likely get 8 large retail mall stores for plowing. If we do, we will need all 14 trucks and a few subs to handle our existing work plus these.

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

wow thats sweet. what stores are they if you dont mind my nosey arse asking?