another new website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by LoweJ82, Feb 18, 2011.

1. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been working on a basic site, its far from being done still have stuff to add and work out. adding buttons and logos,

http://lowelandscapingandexcavating.com/Home_Page.html

looking for feedback on things that would be more help to the client and in promoting what I do.

2. LoweJ82

Also plan to make pictures on services page smaller and tighten that page up a bit

3. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

It looked pretty good. I wouldn't name your testimonials page "guestbook", maybe just testimonials. You can easily make online forms for free at www.jotform.com Would definitly reccomend that for any forms. You can even set up free text messages when someone completes the form. Other than that, it's pretty good!

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

I like your before and after photos

Your header shows up with a slide bar on the right on my small monitor. I don't think that's what you are looking for.

5. LoweJ82

thanks guys,

Ive been thinking about offing the guest book page, Services and contact us, and then Have

Home, Landscaping, Excavating, Lawn Care & Maint, project photos

and the contact us form on front page, then have the customer testimonials on another linked page.

I got to get some logo work done, and that will end the scrolling header.

6. jonthepain

from Raleigh

You could probably put one together yourself in a half hour with photoshop or similar software.

7. LoweJ82

no more scrolling header, Got a few more things done and a few more to do.

still gotta get all the extras on all pages.

8. jonthepain

from Raleigh

wtg

i tend to work on mine a little at a time. eventually it all adds up.

i'm not sure i like the flashing stuff, tho. i'm not sure what the experts say about it.

9. LoweJ82

was told at another place that I needed to make my phone number more eye catching, but I don't think that is what they was talking about either. I actually didn't think it would blink I just put <blink> before the text lol

The blinking coming soon under will disappear soon when I replace that with a Lawn service add & my 4 step lawn treatment (not chem)

it will come together sooner or later.... more than likely later but tweaked till then.

10. jonthepain

from Raleigh

maybe a different font, or bold, or italicized, or black outline around the numbers, or you could add a phone icon in front of it...

anything but flashing! (maybe i'm prejudiced, but flashing stuff on websites really bother me)

even worse are the sites that have an icon follow your cursor around! pretty funny tho.

there's a great website called webpagesthatsuck, that has some really funny examples of bad websites. it's a hoot.