Another newbie flyer...simple...need criticism...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by apowell18, Jan 13, 2007.

1. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

Ok here is my flyer...printing from my home printer with 3 per sheet on 110pt index paper...I like simple to the point look...and I'm cheap...would love some criticism from all of you...

Attached Files:

2. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

I would remove the part about no contracts, this may hurt you during the season. Up here a contracted account is an asset for your business.
  3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

First I would remove the wording "Contact immediately" ... this sounds more like terminology a bill collector would use. Also .. whatever you do use ... don't use it so much.

Also ... keep the font simple and easy to read. I would try and use the same font for all of it with the exception of your company name ... if in fact you do use a different font for that ... like I do. It's okay to use BOLD ... or a different size ... but keep it as uniform as you can.
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not bad. Do you not edge and blow in your basic service. A clean look is what seperates the "kid down the street" and a professional. Also I would eliminate the flex billing part. Cheapskates dont need anymore incentive to try and keep your hard earned $$$ from you. You can negotiate with the client upon meeting them. I would also add a short list of your other services, mulching, planting, hedges etc. Good Luck.:usflag: :usflag:
    ericg likes this.
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I agree. I also agree with getting rid of the "no contract for first thirty customers". I don't even understand the thinking on this from any angle.
  6. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

How will you know they are full season customers if you don't have a contract? ;)

I would just remove the no contract part, other than that it looks nice.
  7. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

It's very ordinary. They might be getting 10 of these stuck on their mailbox. Why should they call you instead of somebody else?
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It's not that bad....but I kind of agree with JustALawnGuy.
  9. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Yeah, I agree with the others about the contracts. By saying NO CONTRACTS, for the first 30 full service people, you are envaribly saying that you normally have contracts and by offering the first 30 people the opportunity not to have a contract, you are saying they are negative. Leave it out. Additionally, instead of saying "call immediately" (it does sound like your selling cars), you can say contact us before our schedule fills up. This conveys a subtle immediance without you saying it and also conveys that you are in demand.
  10. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input fellas...I had already began changing it before I recieved my first reply...keep the criticism coming if you have's always welcome...

I'll have another post probably tomorrow...we're stuck inside most of the weekend due to weather, so I have the time...