1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another newbie!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sgtyork, May 22, 2004.

1. sgtyork

sgtyork LawnSite Member

am looking to purchase a mower soon..want something that will be adequate as business grows...i.e. larger commercial jobs
    any advice or recommendations as to brand, features would be greatly appreciated...about the only thing I am pretty sure of is deck front for easier trim
    I do have a Dixie Chopper dealer nearby for service , parts etc.
    should be ably to buy new but would consider used
    thanks for your imput
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a big fan of gravely. I've used exmarks mostly but have seen alot of falling out from their customers so I decided to go check out gravely and they're nice machines. Heavy built, I like the design for raising/lowering the deck its got pins instead of the spacers in the front casters, and the deck design it self kicks butt. the hp isn't there though (you can get 15hp on 36" from other companies but they only have 13hp but on their midsize 44" you can get 15hp) I'm going with a 44" i dont do any gated houses right now so i wanted a midsize mower but I'll be looking towards a 60" z next year. I've also heard good about bob cats. Go where the dealer support is that offers a good product, a good dealer makes all the difference
  3. sgtyork

sgtyork LawnSite Member

thanks for info !