1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another newbie!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by EmeraldGardens, May 23, 2004.

1. EmeraldGardens

EmeraldGardens LawnSite Member

i'm the new guy in town (mobile, alabama) and i was wondering if i could pick the brains of all the experts on this site. i have benn reading alot of everyones posts on here and i have learned alot, therefore i am very gratefull!!!
    but i do have one question, what is the best way to drum up business? i do not have an add in the phonebook due to just starting, we offer everything from landscape design to triming bushes. i have been knocking on doors and handing out business cards, but the work just isnt coming in fast enough. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. EmeraldHills03

EmeraldHills03 LawnSite Member

Place flyers man, as many as you can. Advertise Advertise Advertise ahahaha! The flyers work, 3 percent return is really good as long as you put out enough.
  3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Welcome to the site!!
  4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Flyers, give a business card to anyone and everyone, word of mouth, and local advertising.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi EmeraldGardens,

Let all your friends and family know you started your business and give them cards. Spread the word with any organization youmay be affiliated with as well.

I hope this is a great year for you!