1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another oil thought and question..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Apr 8, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

people i was just wondering if anyone in here used any engine oil additives and how you thought they worked. (in car, truck, mower whatever). i found a website about additives and if they work. just wanted to see if anyone has tried any and there results. mine are:::
    1. engine restore.. says adds power and i do tell a difference when i put this into my cars. i use this one alot
    2. prolong.. says it does everything. i did see i gained 1 mile per gallon using it and my temp was always around 185 then went to 178 with prolong.
    3. slick 50.. well i put it in and did not see any differences at all.

please list if you tried anything and in what and how it worked and check this site out to.. i have never put any in my mowers but do know 2 guys that put stp oil treatment in all there mowers and one has 3200 hours on it and other guys says it helps..

2. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

so am i the only guy that adds some oil additives on here????????????:confused:
  3. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Guess so...
  4. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am against oil additives. Buy good oil and save money and equipment. Avoid anything with Teflon in it, Dupont does not endorse Teflon used in products that go into high heat areas. There was a big lawsuit by them a few years ago to stop companies from advertising Teflon as an ingredient.; think about it Teflon is a plastic, dump plastic in hot engine= trash.
    I love the prolong commercial with soaking the engine with water while it is running, you can do that with any engine and any oil including mineral oil!
    a great website to go to
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just oil here although I am a big fan of synthetic oil. I use Amsoil 2 stroke in all of my OPE stuff and Penzoil 5w30 synthetic in my wife's new Cobalt.
  6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

No additives, we do use amsoil two cycle oil.Amsoil is the nector of gods, for two cycle equipment lol.
  7. mark293

mark293 LawnSite Member

I've used MILITEC for years. I think they are at www.militec1.com. I used it in my honda accord and it went 354k before I gave it away. I currently use it in my powerstroke and my oil stays clear for 5k miles. Thats almost impossible even with a sythetic. Just add every 15k.

2 oz for every quart of oil. I just put a few drops of it in my two stroke mix.