Another ? on mowing footwear

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green-Pro, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I know we've all seen the threads which workboots are the best, I have always worn Redwings, love 'em. They still have their place especially since we seem to be branching into more and more hardscapes, they are dang heavy on my feet at the end of the day mowing & trimming.

I was at the Expo and tried on a pair of Lawn Grips, anyone else see them there or heard of them? Let me tell you they were light as a feather on my feet, very comfortable to walk in, even though only briefly, the sole is supposed to be designed to help keep from slipping in wet grass, and they were even steel toed ( my preference). I ordered a pair for $90 while there and am looking forward to trying them out for what little bit of season there is left. Any one else know anything about them? I thought they looked like a winner.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes I just wear retired sneakers. But over time I have moved away fom that for the most part. I wear tactical style hikers most often now. Good comfort, protection, support and grip. Plus with the leather and mesh construction they are cool and dry.

Weight is about the same as a hightop sneaker.
  3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

The style of the Lawngrips looks to be patterned after a hiking boot or walking shoe and they were very light. Just wondered if anyone else has them or tried them at the expo.
  4. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member