1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another one again!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by supercuts, Nov 2, 2007.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

had a customer call today to say "sorry i know i told you to do the leaves but my brother was going to do them for me know and i see you came to do them. so i hope there are no hard feelings but dont want to pay."

guess ill see her in court or give her a load of leaves back from my 12x7x8 box on the f550. havent decided yet. and to top it all off, anyone from ct will knwo about the whole I-84 constrution fraud, well her last name is the same as the owner of that company. she was reluctant to give me her last name way back when and told me her husband is "away" for a while. she lives in a $$$ house. think its the same person?
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Psssh I would still give her the bill ... it is customary to pay for services when rendered...BOTTOM LINE.
  3. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you saying you did the work and she didn't pay, or you showed up to do the work and she didn't want you to do the work?
  4. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

If you did the work she needs to pay up....I would take her to court, depending on the amount she owes. If it is only $100 or so, I would try to find a lawyer friend to atleast send a mean letter to her, or send to a collections agency or something. Keep irritating her, and maybe she will pay to get you off her back. I wouldn't dump any leaves on her property, that would not help your chances of getting your money.
  5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

sorry, she said do it, went, did the work, sent a bill, got a call about the bill saying sorry but i was going to have my brother do and it and you didnt call before you came. she left a message, so im still trying to get in touch with her. if not, see her in court
  6. wnccutter

wnccutter LawnSite Member

I always send a notice giving them 10 days before I submit paperwork for small claims court. They usually pay up pretty quick when they get the notice.
  7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

... and send it certified mail. That way if you don't hear from them, the Judge will know they were warned.
  8. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Is she or are off her meds?
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

According to the local post office people don't pick up the certified letters any more.
  10. Cedar Valley Landscapes

Cedar Valley Landscapes LawnSite Member

Ya gotta love those customers saying you didnt call before you came.....when it is easier for her to call you when she found her brother to do it.