"Another one down, another one bites the dust.."

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by impactlandscaping, Apr 5, 2005.

1. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I stopped at Sheetz this morning to get a bite to eat, and saw this guy who I thought looked familiar. He used to mow lawns around town, and was very cheap compared to the rest of the LCOs. He used to carry 2 commercial Lawnboy 21's , and bagged every lawn, and did pretty decent work.I'm pretty sure he was legit, b/c he had a part of a large hospital account that was split with 3 other LCOs. It must have been his low prices he used to get his lawns that did him in. He was too busy mopping and taking out the trash to mow today..
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Some have to learn the hard way Bill...
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Probably was his prices that did him in, I guess that was his full time job too.
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

impact, I hope he's not making whatever you went there to eat? Special sauce for the competition anyone?
  5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I hope that happens to the new lowballer in my neighborhood. His flier says $20 for anything (yards in my neighborhood are 1/2 - 1 acre). My clients weren't happy to see what they were paying compared to what he is offering. I hope this sob gets burnt out. I have a feeling he knows me or something because I did not receive one of his fliers. I better see him in McDonalds in 2 months.
  6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, because at otherwise you'll be asking "would you like fries with that order?"

Man it's tough when another 15 year old undercuts your price to your "clients" huh?
  7. ALarsh

from Midwest

I only have one client considering switching over to him. I have a feeling that the person will be crawling back to me when this lowballer decides to not walk 1 acre of grass in 100 degree heat. So... he will still be going over to McDonalds w/ the A/C
  8. ALarsh

from Midwest

So now you edit your posts.... Go ask lawnsrusinc on this site. He lives in my same town and knows my prices are only $2-4 under his.