1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Another Perfect Property Patio Install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by landscapingpoolguy, Apr 26, 2005.

1. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, well its good to be back in action. take a look at this install. First of the year. These pics are only up to the second day of the job.Its a Unilock Brusells patio with a seat wall with steps on either side. more to come. Take a look at the plans.

Chuck

MVC-032S.JPG

MVC-033S.JPG

MVC-034S.JPG

MVC-035S.JPG

MVC-036S.JPG

2. landscapingpoolguy

the plan wont upload oh well.

3. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good so far! :cool:

4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Whats with the little wedge pieces in the radius? You should be cutting the full stones on the angle so you you will not have any small wedges. Small wedges give any project that much dreaded DIY homeowner look.

If you are not sure how to do it, let us know and we, the guys in this forum, will be able to walk you though it.

Peace,

Rex

LasVegasPavers.Com

5. landscapingpoolguy

Relax REX I know how to cut a radius. The wedge pieces are something different that the customer likes. It gives it a more cobblestone/old style look. inside of the wall will be faced with the same look to give it a finished look all the way around. Obviously you missed the perfect radius and back cuts on the steps.

Chuck

6. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

It does not look like you excavated out enough soil. In the last picture it looks like you are just putting an inch or two of crusher run on top of the soil. There should be about 6" of compacted crusher run on compacted sub soil. Just my view on the job. Every thing elso looks good. (I don't like the wedge pieces either).

7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good so far Chuck, glad to see your back into the business, you do good work. Im guessing you found a few good guys to work for you this time around?

Jeff

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't see any geotextile separation fabric! :nono:

Chris

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

you dont need geo grid for something that small. :)

10. landscapingpoolguy

The base goes from about 4" to 8 " in some spots(the steps) everything machine compacted. The second step in the third pic hasnt been backfilled and compacted yet in that pic. No geogrid is nesseccery. The wedges are to replicate the Roman pisa style, Its something different Ive never done but the customer likes it. Its a very tight radius 3.5' tuff to cut with full block and have it look right. I guess eveyone has there own opinion but just wait till we drop in the plantings that go infront of the seat wall. It will all tie in nicely. HEY JEFF CALL ME I CAN USE A "GOOD" EXTRA GUY IF YOUR INTERESTED.

Chuck