Another Pressure washer comparison before purchase.....

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by KathysLGC, Feb 21, 2007.

1. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

As for hot water it is powered by a 12 volt or a 120 amp breaker i run the 12 volt temps are 25 degrees to 200 degrees.

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Like with our mowing equipment, do not buy your unit form Home Depot. I have seen the one that you are talking about, it is not really commercially made. It will not last like a Hotsy, Landa, Eagle Series, etc.

Here is a link to my setup:
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=175249

Hot water is going to be a key factor in alot of pressure washing. Hot water cleans away the dirt a bit easier.

My unit is a direct drive. I wanted a belt drive, but even the Big names in the pressure washing industry make Direct Drive Units and claim they are just as good as the Belt Drives. I will upgrade the unit on day, but this is my started rig. There is alot of onformation about it in the thread. Ask questions if you like. I have gained a great deal of knowledge from three other guys in our area that have been in Pressure Washing for 4+ Years and about 20 years collectively.

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

So the cold water just runs through a heating element and bingo instant 200 degree water?

What do you do if some ones slate is flaking and they want to have it power washed? At times my BP blower will blow off some flakes of slate. Have either of you ever cuase damage due to PWing?

4. KathysLGC

5. Total.Lawn.Care

The pumps use NON-Detergent oil. I have a General pump on my unit, but will run the Cat oil because that is what my dealer carries. But it HAS to be Non-detergent. I have not seen it anywhere else except at our dealer or pressure washing supply sites.

If there is paint flaking off of a house, and they want it pressure washed, i will tell them that I will blow off the paint and have them sign a damage release stating that I will not be held liable for the paint comming off.

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Looks good,you know i use the customers water i have never had one complaint over using there water any who you are setup .

7. Total.Lawn.Care

I will use the customers water to have th tank filling while I am pressure washing. However, I also plan on doing some heavy equipment cleaning in areas where you do nto have ready access to water. This way, I will be able to carry 525 gallons with me.

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Forgot i did turn 1 job down for the lack of a water tank.

9. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

It's hard to say what equipment you will need,i run hot water and it saves using chemicals sometimes,i use a 3/4 water hose 75 feet,with 175 feet of pw hose,i run a full service so i am always buying things i need.

10. KathysLGC

Will any hose work? I know I keep bringing home cheapo up but I have a good year commercial grade hose from them. The dull red one. Is that good enough for PW? I just wonder if a cheap hose will constrict under the pressure. Is it better to use more PW hose then garden hose? I will probly get 100' of PW hose when I buy the unit.