Another pricing question, full meal deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Aug 3, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

This year I've taken on a couple of "full maintenance programs". Mowing, edging, pruning ornamentals, mulch or pinestraw as needed, weeding, fert. aeration, limb removal..........thats about it.

I know this is not uncommon, but since I'm getting MORE of these calls, and this seems lucritive to me, what are the prices like on these contracts, monthly. I'm talking basic yuppie residentials.

Lawn takes about 20 mins on/off trailer. Approx 25 ornamentals none bigger than know the deal.

All of my prices come out to about 90-140/month. Something seems low about this to me.

Looking for someone with experience here.
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Very low, Matt I'd look at how much time you spend on the extras and factor it in to your pricing structure..

Example: Weekly mowing, including, edging,trimming, and blow off..$ $35
    Bed maint EOW $15
    Pruning monthly $25 and so on... Have a price for everything, on your sheet, and on theirs, just give them the total price monthly for all of the services. That can avoid itemized sticker shock..
  3. matthew horner

I do the billing monthly, same price, but I'm responsible fo the appearance, so I do a good job. Granted, i haven't made it through winter like this, but I feel like I'm getting ripped off.
  4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Then charge more, sounds like a simple answer to me. You have to be happy with the $$ that you are making, not just making the customer happy.
  5. matthew horner

..................yeah but I picking up new ones and want to price higher if I'm not in the market.
  6. matthew horner

I guess my question is what is the going rate and for what services?
  7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We only accept new clients if they sign a contract including maintenance, spring/fall cleanup, and 2 annual trimmings. Maintenance is the ONLY thing that is billed monthly. every other service is billed and due upon completion. We charge hourly for trimming, plus dumping. :cool:
  8. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

We start at $125 a month for residential (12 months) for maintaince, and all other materials (grass seed, fertlizer, mulch or pine needles, etc..) and jobs are extra.
    $125 is for a 30 min. job, unload, mow, trim, blow, load.

Hope this helps you get an idea on how to charge year round.
  9. matthew horner

Yeah, thats what i'm looking for. Except i spice it up with light pruning, gutter cleaning.............

10. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

you should be at atleast $200 a month. Factor in the time that it takes you to do the other jobs and go with that. Remember once you are making enough to support your family all new client prices are to be higher then the ones that you have now. B.c now you arent struggling for work so it is better to make an even bigger profit.