Another Pricing question...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prime Cut Lawns LLC, May 29, 2007.

1. Prime Cut Lawns LLC

Prime Cut Lawns LLC LawnSite Member

I've got an opportunity to mow a 20 acre residence. 10 acres is just a real nicely groomed field (front yard) and the back yard is totally landscaped, pool, tennis court, basketball court etc. They have approximately 250 trees in the back as well. My question is would you lean towards pricing per acre or per hour? Would you break up the front and back yards to price it if you were going to charge by the acre? I going to cut it once just to see how long it takes and then try and come up with a price for them. I told them the first cut would be $55.00 per acre and they were OK with it, but I don't want to gouge them. I do a lot of their commercial property now, one of my largest clients! Any advice would be great...
    THX

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

So you only actually have to mow 10 acres? 10 X $55 = $550. Personally I think that sounds high but without seeing it I couldn't tell you about time wise. If they can live with that then your lucky and enjoy the $$$$$!

3. Prime Cut Lawns LLC

No I'm mowing 10 EASY acres in the front and 10 landscaped acres in the back. 250 trees to mow around plus all the other "stuff"...Pool, tennis court, B-ball court and of course the house!

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you trimming everything as well? Or just mowing?

5. Prime Cut Lawns LLC

I'm doing everything, mowing, edging, trimming and blowing. Whatever needs to be finished will be.

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

So 20 X $55 = $1,100. Sounds like your robbin them blind but only you know how long it will take. If you can do it in one day $600-$750 is good money at one stop, no travel time.

7. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

Why don't you do an hourly rate?

BTW if you can get pics of this residence I really want to see it...

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I would say more like $35-$40 an acre or $700-$800 would be good....I think $55 is high..

40 X 20 = $800

35 X 20 = $700