another pump question.

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by GroundScapesIncorporated, Dec 13, 2006.

1. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I am doing a large hardscape install and the customers want a water feature in the center of the patio. We are taking a 36" round liner, 18" deep and we will be setting the top of the liner 5" below the grade of the pavers on the patio. Then we are building a steel frame to cover the liner, A large boulder (24" wide and tall) will sit in the center of the liner on top of the steel frame, there will be doors that open for access to the pump and lighting from the steel frame. We will be filling the area above the liner (on top of the steel frame with fire red tumbled glass. So the only thing you will see will be the boulder and the red tumbled glass which will be level with the floor of the patio. We have got to drill a whole through the boulder and pump water out the top of the boulder, the water at that point will flow down the boulder and dissappear into the tumbled glass. If I lost you with the steel frame, we are using that to make it easy to get ot the pump and lighting and also something for the boulder and tumbled glass to sit on

My questions are what size, type and so forth of pump will I need to properly cover the boulder with a decent stream of water. Also what size of whole will I need in the boulder to rune my tubing through? Thanks in advance.

Before someone asks, no this isnt the kind of work we do (ponds). We are just doing a large hardscape install and the customer akse dus to do the water feature.

2. GroundScapesIncorporated

from VA

is there anyone that knows anything about Pond pumps on here

3. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

shhhhhh, they're sleeeeping:sleeping: :dancing:

This is apparently a very quite restfull corner of Lawnsite. You may want to grab a pillow and pack some extra food.:)

4. GroundScapesIncorporated

from VA

Thanks
    He He
    Weve actually just about finished the install, I guess next time I need some pond advice Ill post the year before the install. Just kidding, have a good new year everyone.

5. wysiwyg420

wysiwyg420 LawnSite Member

small mag-drive would probably work for something like that.