1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Another Quick Books question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gilatplc, Feb 2, 2007.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I would like to know how you gentlemen with quick book are setting up contracted accounts. I am running just the simple start edition right now but I'm going to ether upgrade or replace this system for something that is tailed to this business if I cant get this to start working and looking the way I would like.
    Thanks Gil
  2. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

I send them a statement every month with there balance and previous payments. IT works out well. Quickbooks has so many good functions it may take a couple of years to really know how to work the program.
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

What are you wanting to know?
  4. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Not to steal this thread, but hada quick question. I have been using Quickbooks Basic 2005. I keep getting these mailings every year that I need to upgrade. I have always ignored these letters, but thought for some reason this year I should actually upgrade? Should I go with the Pro 2007 or Deluxe 2007?
  5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

The only need to upgrade is if you use it for payroll. Yes, the newer ones are easier to use, but the one you have is pretty good.
  6. Stihl036pro

My accountant tells me that I should upgrade every other year. I listen to him. I am due to up-grade this year at some point.
  7. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

If I upgarde - which version should I go with?
  8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I got pro.
  9. Stihl036pro

I have the premier accountant edition 2007. I just upgraded last week thanks to my accountant. It seems to be working out great
  10. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Your question really isn't clear but I'll take a stab at it.. Assuming your question is referring to an ongoing charge as for a set standard monthly contracted invoice amount. When you invoice the client, just select the memorize transaction and then select what day of the month you want it to be produced or you to be reminded of it. It's along the top tabs in the pro edition or higher.

To everyone out there, I highly recommend taking a QB's course and setting up a "training company along side your actual company to use as your "working model" company until you get comfortable with the program. Mistakes cannot be removed once you complete a transaction although you can make adjustments to the account just like any accountant would do. The point is at first, you'll be making quite a few of those until you understand how things work. This "working" company is not one of the sample company(s) that come with the program, although the sample service-based company is a landscape firm. :clapping:

QB is an amazing program after you input your customer,vendor and item list (things you charge for) information. You'll need to understand how to best to set it up for your current and future company growth needs. There are some decision that will be made by you during the interview process that the program take you through before actually setting you up.