Another reason for not smoking at a customers home

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by windmill, Aug 23, 2003.

1. windmill

windmill LawnSite Member

Although this particular fire was started by lightning one closer to our house was started by a discarded cigarette. It burned up 2200 acres.
    This fire is a few miles away from us but has consumed in excess of 50,000 acres and is still growing stronger. Over 20,000 people have been evacuated out of a city of 100,000. Smokers can now fill their lungs for free. We have hardly seen the sun here for some time now. Blue sky?? Sure would like to see some.
    http://www.silk.fm/silk/firewatch/

2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

People who smoke and throw their butts on the ground deserve to have a grenade launcher aimed where the sun don't shine. Who the he// do they think they are. :angry:

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

That would be A LOT of grenades:D

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

everyone has the leaves put at the curb for pickup in the fall.
    the smokers keep the fire company real busy:blob2:

5. windmill

windmill LawnSite Member

This mornings news reports that unofficially 300 homes have been lost and 30,000 people have been evacuated. Pictures on the news show a much calmer scene with very little wind as compared to last night.

6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Sorry to hear that Windmill.

So, California deals with that all the time.

7. dfor stated: “People who smoke and throw their butts on the ground deserve to have a grenade launcher aimed where the sun don't shine.”

You said that as if quite a few smokers litter. Well that’s absolutely WRONG. Because they ALL do it. Smokers are the worst litter’s of all. As hard as it is to believe, they’re even worse than hick beer drinkers. Butts, empty packages, used lighters, etc. Then there’s the low-life’s that don’t throw their butts out, they just keep cramming them in the car’s ash tray until they’re packed tighter than a cheap-man’s wallet. Then they pull up to a convenience-store (obviously to get another nicotine fix), and dump the whole tray in the parking lot.

Every spring, actually late winter, before the grass starts growing, there’ll be wildfires that consume untold acres. Virtually every one of those fires starts by a road and spreads with the wind. But talk to a cigarette smoker, and they’ll tell you it was lightening, cars backfiring, people dragging chains, blah, blah, blah. ANYTHING but cigarette butts.

Outlawing cigarettes or excessively taxing them is wrong. I hate cigarettes, but people have the right do as they wish as long as they don’t infringe on others rights. You know, like the right to breath clean air. I know that’s too complicated for some of you to grasp.

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Most of the fires in the U.S. could be kept from getting so large by proper forest management,witch cannot be put into place because of the treehuggers. Same holds true for Canada.

9. Just like all mexicans are illegal, all blacks are bad, and now all smokers litter, get real.......

10. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

LawnGodFather I have to agree with you not all smokers litter. I am an ex-smoker and I was very careful were I left my butts. One bad smoker dropping his butts all over dosen't make them all bad.