Another reason I'm glad I bought my Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sheppard, Jun 13, 2002.

1. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Got stuck today... that's the bad news. The good news is the advantage the Stander has is that you can step off the system and still steer and work your self out of a messy situation. With a seated Z you cannot control the mower well enouph to be completely safe.

Drove over an area about 50 inches wide with a ditch on either side. Done it before but some how there was a bump or a shift in the arera. Bogged down and the deck caught the ground and 'no movement'. Took me 15 minutes but I finally kept working and got the Stander out of the place and cruised down one of the ditches to freedom.

It occured to me that I could not have done this with a seated ztr. Now I probably could have raised the deck some and maybe thay would have done it but getting down the ditrch and out may have been too sticky. Even my Jungle Jack was no use in getting me out. That's the draw back with fixed decks however.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I got stuck once too with my walkbehind and I tied a come-along to a nearby tree and pulled that thing out in under a minute. This is a very helpful tool.

3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up a cheap winch last week. Too lazy to try it on this time. Maybe when I get it REALLY bogged down I'll hiik up that winch.

Cordially,
    Sheppard