We were originally given permission to miss a required "inservice training" day on etics and other BS and work on the site where the main line and wiring was rerouted because there would be no students. Then we found out yesterday afternoon that the site's water was going to be off today via the purveyor doing some repairs so that botched up all our plans. I was just going to take the entire day off but we ended up going out to another site where we had a main line leak right next to a blacktop play area. These are a PITA to work on when kids are at school because we spend more time watching our backs instead of doing our work. Anyway... it turned out to be an easy repair in the same area where we'd done a 90/90 repair about two years ago. Fortunately it was not our repair work that gave rather an original 90 ell. We think it cracked from asphalt paving equipment over the summer. Although it wasn't very deep we used the backhoe anyway which really sped things up. Since the line fed old QCVs that are no longer necessary since the area has been automated we just capped off the line at the tee, waited thirty minutes and then turned the backflow back on.