Another sad tragedy

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by prizeprop, Feb 25, 2009.

1. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

2. Ducke

Ducke LawnSite Senior Member

Now that would be messy.

3. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it would. I'm waiting to find out more details about the accident, We have been buying our mulch and using them for disposal about 12 years now.Its good that I dont even know anyone that works there other than the front desk secretary.Its sad enough to here about an incident like this and have a visual of the site location in my mind, but to be able to put a face or name to the victim would really shake me up.

4. Perfect Image TLM

Perfect Image TLM LawnSite Senior Member

Man I hear about a couple of these every year. Gotta be careful around those machines...

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That's terrible, we had that happen here at the Ocean County Remanufacturing Center about five years ago.

6. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

We had that happen around SE Wisconsin a couple of years ago.

Man was using a large, towed, chipper. Got his clothing caught on a big branch, could not break the branch, no one at the machine for help, and the rest is history.

His father witnessed him entering the machine, but it was too late!

It doesn't take much to die from the tools we use!

7. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

Any chipper/grinder should always be used with caution. A few years ago a worker from a local tree service was pulled feet first through a wood chipper. Guy went to kick the log in that was stuck and ended up getting grabbed by the feed rollers and pulled through. It happens quite frequently actually. The problem is people who use these machine's everyday will loose respect for them. Gota remember to stay safe. Accidents do and will happen!

8. nickroqs

nickroqs LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Geez, that's right in my area. Chippers are certainly not things to be taken lightly. They've gotta be a bad way to go out..

9. Tower Rat 95B

Tower Rat 95B LawnSite Member

Yep I remember that one,,,,,,,was Drury lane the boss was up the tree limbing and the chipper stopped he came down to find his south American employee went clean through the chipper only one hand did not go through.

10. hillbilly_lawnboy

hillbilly_lawnboy LawnSite Member

our prayers go out to his family