Another should I go for this thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Mar 1, 2010.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/grd/1623654044.html
    Ok here is a troybilt 33 look alike for 200, I think this seems like a great deal plus I can either clean the carb or have my dealer do it. So fo ranyone with expernece with these mowers please tell me if these are reliable.

2. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

if your budget is only $200-like $500 you are better off fixing up your ferris. cause the mowers you are looking at are junk. save your money and just fix up the one you already have.

3. mowerdude777

I could get an exmark for 700 but since I want to get a truck soon so I an trying to spend very little.

4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

don't think it would be hard to put a 17 hp on the thing. lol! Its made by MTD. Its simple. The decks are weak. The carb is either easy or a pain. It could just be weak spark. Most people say carb when its spark. You can tell its sat out in the rain. It will work, just don't expect to much. I would take that over a push mower any day though.

5. mowerdude777

Plus I will be keeping the ferris so when I get a call to cut a yard with foot high grass I will not have to use that.

6. JCLawn and more

from MI

I bet a 17hp will bolt up to that. I bet same bolt pattern and crank and everything. Take that to those yards. Let the grass fly lol!

7. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Its basically a craftsman. I think alot of pros started out with a craftsman, but since you already have an Exmark and Ferris, you can't expect much out of it. Will it work for a bit? Probably. What would I do? Depending on the problem with the Ferris, save up and fix it.

8. mowerdude777

Well the ferris is OLD 21 years to be exact, it leeks oil neesd a tire and has no saftey festures. But can go through the tall crap like theres no tomrow

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

10. mowerdude777

Thee metro hp that I have is a 48 so I cant do most gated yards, I do not like riders I am big on walk behinds so not really lol:waving: