Another "small mulch job" thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Southern Pride, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

3.5 yards me and 2 buddys knocked out in less than 2 hours last week. I had to come through and de-weed all of these beds had weeds waist high. It was ridiculous, but I'm happy with the final product. Now I have the guy on Bi-weekly weed control too.

Obviously the first pics are the beds prepped and sprayed with roundup. You can see all of the dead stuff I sprayed. Then there's the afters with all the mulch thrown down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking :usflag:

2. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

looks good how much did you pay for your trailer

3. Southern Pride

from Memphis

It was $940 I believe. A guy about 1.5hr from me sells them in Brownsville I think it was? Anyway, he drove it into Memphis and met me, it was a sweet deal. Everything brand new, except used tires but in good condition. If you can get one with the dove tail and short gate, I'd highly recommend it. Gate is very light and dove tail leaves no room for mower scraping. It's a single 3500lb axle, and so far it has been perfect. I do want to get a full 6x16 as I get more equipment and work though.

4. Southern Pride

from Memphis

I also plan on pulling all of the dead bushes with weeds still growing throughout them in the last pic. The customer didn't even really seem to care. I think he just wanted it all killed and mulch to shut his wife up! lol

5. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

hahahahahaha

6. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Looks alright. Mulch is kinda lumpy looking and looks piled up around the base of some of the plants, did you edge the beds at all?

7. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Customer didn't want to pay for edging?

8. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

ur truck is squating that much from 3.5yds??? time to get a 2500 id say. :weightlifter:

9. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Have to agree, first thing I noticed was the lack of edging. Not so much the "piled up mulch", but 3 people and only 3.5 yards of mulch, those beds should look a lot sharper.

10. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good,nice job!