another stander striping question....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sellers Lawn Care, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Sellers Lawn Care

Sellers Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a 23/52 stander (2003) and im not getting any stripes out of it... I dont really konw what length im cutting at but... On the blades i have 3 washers on the bottom and 4 on the top... On the front casters i have 2 washers on the bottom and one on the top to keep the deck even... The bolt for the back wheels are in the middle i think?? (there are 3 possible holes?) I want to make a striping kit but there doesnt appear to be any space on the back of the deck... I have gator blades for it but right now i still have the stock blades on... where should i put a kit, what should i make it out of, and how should i do it.... do the blades effect striping... Overall, what do i do to my 52" stander to make it stripe well...PLEASE HELP!! Thanks guys...

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I am way ahead of you on that problem. I am in the middle of making a low cost and easy to install striping kit for the stander. The current one is a complete pain in the @ss to mount and is $$$. Just give me some time and the easy to mount kit will be

Also I have my machine set up just like yours is so thats not the problem.
    I got them on my machines and this is what they do. This was the first cut of the season at my parents house.

firststrip6.jpg

3. Sellers Lawn Care

Sellers Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Yea, ive seen that pic... it looks great! So what height am i actually cutting at... and how long and how much will the kits youre working on cost?? Add me to the list lol.... but what is the pitch aswell.. thanks man!

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I believe you are cutting at 3.75. I run doubles on mine so I cut at 3.5". Try adding another spacer on top of the blade. That will drop it to 3.5". The cut will look nicer.

Pitch is if the front or the rear of the deck is lower. Some times if the front end is higher by a 1/4" or 1/2" the cut is better. Some times if the front end is lower by a 1/4" or 1/2" the cut is better. Depends on the machine. You really have to mess with your machine to figure it out. I keep mine level. Since the front and rear of the blade cut a little higher or lower than when the blade is sideways in the deck. So the cut can look uneven.