Another Story

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HL Landscape, Jun 10, 2008.

1. HL Landscape

HL Landscape LawnSite Member

Hello everyone...I have been reading through the posts for the past couple of months and figured it was probably time to take a minute and introduce myself.

My name is Blake and I live in northern Michigan. This is my 8th summer in the ownership role of the business. Previously I had been an employee of the company, luckily the previous owner made me an offer to buy him that I could not turn down. So with the help of the bank and my father I dove in head first.

When I first purchased the company it was averaging about 10 installs per year grossing about 100k. As a young father this was not going to cut it for me so we added services and amped things up. The first thing I did was go back to the bank and borrowed some more money to purchase a local established mowing business. This business had approx. 45 accts. and a little bit of equipment but it was a foot into the door of the mowing / maintenance field.

Today....We are running two mowing / maint. accts. and running two landscape install crews. All I can say is a lot of hard work and dedication can go a long ways. I am living a very comfortable lifestyle enjoy my job thoroughly. As with any business it has it moments but overall I believe I am on my way to a long successful career.

I think reading through the posts on this site can really provide a lot of insight and diversified opinion on the issues and struggles that all of us face. I also hope everyone can respect others opinions and remember that all of us had to start somewhere.

Hope to meet some of you soon.