Another thead about service agreements

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Well, I am up to 4 techs now...in the interest of keeping them around all winter, I am again revisiting the service agreement. As some of you know I have had one for several years, it included 2 1 hour...checkups...one during slow season and one during busy season.....with additional labor at a discount and parts discounted as well.

Now the rub.....that didn't go as well as I would have liked...first of all, I had to keep track of all that ****...plus schedule their appointments with them.

My new idea works more like a home warranty policy....set amount of money for a year which includes all parts and labor. They pay a deductible on each visit which covers our travel time......

Maybe a Silver package, Gold and Platinum.....Platinum being the most expensive up front but no service charge?.....

Timers would be additional if needed....much like water heater replacement costs more too!

Any thoughts?

I am trying to sell enough to make payroll through our slowest 6-8 weeks.......do you think the idea has merit?

I sold over 100 of the other ones with hardly any effort.....but I kinda lost my arse. I did get to use their money for 1 year though.

Thanks in advance.

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I never did mine off the ground as things got a little hectic on the business front and personally at the wrong time. I looked at the amount of controllers we sold vs the number of service calls made and feel that they can be included too. In out area thunderstorms usually take a few out each year. Others may be for general failure, upgrades etc. I think not to include them would be a marketing mistake. They are cheap enough and few and far between, at least here. Exclusions for various reasons such as messing one up some how, upgrading etc are needed.