another trailer question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheBeast, Feb 5, 2002.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast LawnSite Member

well i was driven by my local gas station about 2 weeks ago and noticed a for sale sign on it. so i went and looked at it. the trailer is a dual axle, 14' long, mess ramp, weed wacker and blower racks, also a tool box up front. I called the # and talked to the guy selling it. he gave me all the info, but never mentioned trailer brakes or how old it was. well he is asking for 800 or best offer, the trailer itself looks to be in decent shape, it has its share of rust, never checked the underbody to check the welds, but i was wondering what u guys think about it. should i offer him 500, i mean i don't really care about the trailer brakes and my truck can handle it, i will also have to put a little work into it, but i was just wondering what u guys think, i mean i don't really need that size trailer yet, but for a 14' trailer for that amount of money seems to be a good deal, but it will get its use and i can always resell it if i don't feel it is worth keepin.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'd buy it! Already rigged out for ya and cheaper than a new one most likely.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yep, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If he doesn't take the $500 offer, meet him somewhere in the middle, it would still be worth it.
    Then just sand of the rust and paint it any color ya like.

4. TheBeast

TheBeast LawnSite Member

thanks for the input, it makes the decision a little easier

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

definitly sounds like a great buy to me!