1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Another trip too the shop for my 6.0 ford

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Big Red Ferris, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Big Red Ferris

Big Red Ferris LawnSite Member

i was getting a p132b code any one know what they did too solve the problem ive heard a number of diffrent things....
  2. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Yeah, Buy a Chevy!:laugh:

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What's the code stand for and was it doing anything odd?
  4. Big Red Ferris

low boost is what the codes been saying
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If it ain't broke don't fix it, my 'Check engine light' has been on since the day I bought my truck.
    Much like in your case I went to find out about it and I do know in my case it stands for "EGR,"
    and believe you me I done been up under there and worked and worked on that crap
    but for the life of me I can't seem to be able to fix it...
    A stripped bolt and several busted knuckles, lots of sweat and a few choice words later it still comes on.
    So the truck runs, good at that, sucks to watch that light but heck with it.

btw with my cars I think one red light on the dash board is normal,
    especially that Check Engine light, I'd be more worried if it was Oil or Temp
  6. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Quality is job 1 missing.:)
  7. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of people have had a lot of problems with the 6.0's. My dad made the mistake of buying one brand new from the factory. Dealer bought it back becaude of the lemon law. Ford needs to go back to the 7.3's. More reliable, would run forever, great power.

Rmember, there is no replacement for displacement. (cubic inches)
  8. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

The 6.0 Ford engine is crap. I know i have one in 2004 f 350.
  9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That was a bad year, Ford was trying to make cut backs in over head costs in 2002-2003 and they shortened wires and cut corners to save money.
    Don't run dirty fuel with water, stay on top of your oil changes and filter replacements, drive it hard, but not all the time and let it warm up a bit when it gets frosty.
  10. Big Red Ferris

yea i dont know if the lemmon law will work at 90k wart up in 10k or in november on the 6th i run amsoil and change the filters on time wtf this thing just p's me off it in the shop every 3 weeks