Another update.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joel B., Jan 28, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I know, I know, just when you thought it was safe to get on Lawnsite, that idiot is posting again. Well, bear with me.

I went to see the salesman today and was pleasantly surprised. He shook my hand first thing and was very cordial. He showed me the demo deck and the first thing he said about it was that I didn't have to take it, I could get a new one if I wanted. The demo deck would just save them a little money.

He was not stand-offish (is that a word?) at all, apologized for the mix up and thanked me for coming in.

He said (I know, whatever that's worth) that taking the new deck would not affect our future relationship at all.

Should I be nice and take the demo deck? I was thinking of taking the new deck and also buying a set of filters (air, oil, fuel, and hydro) to be nice.

Thanks to all for your advice and patience,

Joel B.

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

TAKE THE FRIGGIN NEW DECK.

and only buy the parts if you need them.

i would hope he was cordial, thats part of being in sales.

you have done nothing wrong, you keep expecting to be treated like you have.

enjoy the new toy!

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, really. If that much amount of money is gonna make that much of a difference, they shouldn't be in this business. BTW, it's good to hear things worked out.:D

4. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I will need the parts eventually.

5. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Personally If the demo deck is not beat up, I would take that to be nice.

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Take the used deck, and give your dealer a break - he will probably - maybe - possibly be in business next year if he can make a $ or 2. If you want to screw him to the wall - look for the next closest dealer!

He may even work you to the front of the line if you have trouble down the road if you treat him right.

7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

If this is about the screw over dealer that cashed your deposit. I say take it and run.:D

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree.

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks DLCS - I just get so tired of people trying to screw the dealer, then they compain when the dealer goes broke and they have to suddenly drive 100 miles to the next one.

Especially on this site - Everyone thinks they should get top dollar to mow a property, but their equipment provider (Flex-Deck, Hustler, Dixie Chopper, eXmark, Gravely, JD, Kubota, and many more) should do a bargain deal.

Opps: What did I miss.:(

10. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly, take care of you're dealer and he'll have a better chance of taking care of you.