Another use of FluidFilm?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KS_Grasscutter, Nov 27, 2006.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Here in Hutchinson our city uses a redicouls amount of salt on the roads to prevent ice. That has been all well and good until now that I own a 84 Chevy... with NO RUST, and I want to keep it that way. And yes, I know that is ALMOST impossible, just because it is the body style that rusts out from looking at it it seems. So if I spray fluid film under the body and whatnot, will that help to prevent the body from rusting out? Thinking about giving everything on the underside of the truck a good coating of fluid film. Will this help at all, or just be a waste of time (and more importantly, money)?

2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i think its a great idea, i coat my plow with it, also the back of my truck where the salter is, its a great rust preventer. you can buy it in gallon jugs also i think which would be cheaper and easier to apply it.

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Have you considered getting it Rhino lined? It is expensive, but I bet that it would prevent rust if you are that worried about it.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

FWIW - I have been appling drain oil to the troublesome spots (mainly the doors) on my trucks for several years. It has worked well to keep rust away from the troublesome spots on my trucks. I'm sure the fluid film would work well also.