(Another USED Price Question from a newbie) - TTHP 52" (2005).

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jroche, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Jroche

Jroche LawnSite Member

I know this answer will begin with “It Depends” but I wanted to fly it by you guys.

I have been searching for a used TTHP. Since I do not trust buying something like this from e-bay, I contacted the local Exmark dealers in my area (Mass-S. NH) looking for one.

Found one and only one (52" 2005 model). Machine pretty clean with some surface rust from use. Hydros & Engine (19hp) appear clean and the ECS grips do not appear to be worn from use. Depending who I spoke to, it has between 5 – 200 hours on it. It’s a loaner and is covered by the warranty and they are looking for between $4,600 or $5,000 (with a “stand-on”) for it. They said new 06's are running at $5,800.
    I am a little concerned that since this was a loaner, it may have had the crap beaten out of it. Does the price seem ok?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If you can get out the door @ $4000 that is very good with 19 kawi. (I got mine for $2500 back in 2004) Just take it out for a spin, listen to engine sound, and look compeltely at blades , under deck, spindle (no play), belts and pulleys, check hydro oil level, color of engine oil, make sure it tracks straight and everything has not fallen out. It is hard to tell with a loaner, you have to listen and run with full throttle for like 10-15 min and see its true colors. If everything is good, take it, TTHP is one heck of WB and love it.

3. Jroche

Jroche LawnSite Member

MTR,
    Thanks for the advice.

Hopefully I can get the price down a bit.

Jim

4. rluscomb

rluscomb LawnSite Member

Anyone know if it is a major task to change the hydro fluid in an exmark? or should I leave it to the guys who charge $60.00 an hr.? Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thank-you

5. Jroche

Jroche LawnSite Member

Sorry, one followup question.

Does anyone know what the MSRP for an 05 TTHP 52" was?

Thanks,
    Jim

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Piece of cake...make sure you get eXmark brand hydro filter, and fill with Mobil one 15-50 to brimming before installing. Also top it off at reservoir tank and then turn hydro filter sligtly loose till oil start seeping out before tigten up again, and then top off again at reservoir tank with 15-50 to baffle. The whole thing won't take more than 3 qt of oil and within 1/2 hour. I will not spend $60 + tax for a guy at shop who just graduates from high school, the real mechanics don't do oil change stuff, they let inexperienced guys do the lowly job. If you have major engine repair, hydro failure, pump & hose replacing, belt & pulley, that kind of stuff, then it is worth taking to the shop.
    Also, as a lawn guy, you should be able to do many things easy on your machine as part of routine maintenance, simple as that like any oil change, air filt change, etc.

regards,