1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Another Walker clone, never seen this one before...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

there is a steiners in a nearby city but i thought they were just diesel equipment. (ie. mack trucks, peterbilt).
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

They have made these for, well, for ever I think...
    I'm pretty sure the one on Ebay is made by someone else, if not Toro maybe that's Bunton/Textron's version?

4. grassaholic

grassaholic LawnSite Senior Member

I had no idea that Steiner made a Walker copy. I have no idea if it's worth a damn but good find.:drinkup:
  5. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

Steiner is/was a textron company and that photo bears a great deal of resemblance to the Bobcat version of a couple of years ago.
  6. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Been around for a While, and dealers cannot sell them, or keep them running:laugh: Their is a Steiner, Bunton,Textron,Toro Walker clone graveyard at the local Walker Dealer :clapping:
  7. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

I was immediately thinking bobcat as well. In the engine picture they have the same clear plastic tube with the owners manual in it just like the bobcat wb have. Good Call, thing looks pretty bad-ass though...I like the black.
  8. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen the same thing at our dealer . For what they cost and price of attachments and the fact they have a problem with reliability . I would back away from one . He can't give his inventory away .
  9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Correct. Bob-cat and jacobsen make the same mower.
  10. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Even Bunton had one of these same mowers made under the Jacobsen/Textron setup. It was called the BZT 1000.

About a year ago, some equipment dealer had a new Bob Cat or Bunton on ebay for $7500 OBO. It ended selling for $5000 with best offer.