1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Another Walker or a new Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by A.J.B. Farms, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

Wow that amazing that your machine has lasted so long and worked so hard! Great to hear though. Makes me appreciate my Walker 26hp EFI even more myself. I have been a huge Toro fan for quite a few years now and they're new 8000 series bagger has me intrigued. Check it out: http://www.lljohnson.com/GPE/Toro_Z8000.pdf
    I talked with my Toro dealer earlier today and they're sending me some more info on the machine, as well as a price quote, and I plan to set up a demo for this spring as well. At that point I may be selling my Walker... we shall see.

Ive always heard that the Walkers are best for their year around versatility, but I don't have any use for mine other then mowing. At least not at this point. And decks cost too much to justify getting a couple for a single machine. Although I love how well the machine bags, how smoothly it operates, and how serviceable it is. But its a machine that doesn't seem as rough and tough as my Toros. I have had some trouble with it bagging when the ground is really wet, but that's about all the trouble I've had with it.

The exmark navigator is supposed to be the better bagger, with the mulching baffles built in and a deeper deck design. But there aren't as many decks or other attachments. Plus I don't really want to turn over to Exmark if I don't have too.
  2. A.J.B. Farms

A.J.B. Farms LawnSite Member

Leland Lawn: That Toro is something to look into! I like the description as well of the bagging system for sure.

For the clogging, my Walker always use to clog in wet or morning dew grass...I tried some different methods to try and fix the issues. I tried that cooking spray "Pam"...that sort of worked. Then my neighbor gave me this food safe lubricant that is company makes (kind of like WD40) and I tested it on my grass made sure it didn't kill anything (it didn't) and sprayed it all over my deck and the intake...since then I've had minimal clogging, and the deck has stayed cleaner too!

TPendagast: I think I am going to stick with my Walker brand. It would be silly to switch now. Maybe down the road, but for now, another Walker is in order.
  3. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

The toro is the same as a exmark navigator.
  4. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

The all new Toro............ Navigator!!!!!!!