Another weekend project

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreenMonster, Aug 30, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Well, actually lasted a few weekends, a few hours at night on the weekdays.

This is a new walkway and entry landing at my "crib". All told, probably 4-5 days total by myself.

Used Techo-Block for the entry and Bolduc pavers.

Pic quality is a little poor. Darkness was setting in.

Need to finish up with sod and some perennials along the walk.

5.jpg

2. GreenMonster

from NH

I split a 9' 5" circle kit with a half circle at the landing, half circle at bottom of rock wall, and full circle in the middle.

6.jpg

3. GreenMonster

from NH

That's my NEW!!! 375 Husky cut-off saw in the pic. I think the Stihl's have a little more power, but dealer has a life-time warranty on the motor. Cuts great as long as you keep the RPM's up. $850

8.jpg

4. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

Looks great!

Love that rock work, too.

5. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I like that rock work too. I'm not sure about the walk itself, seems like the curves are too pronounced. Though I'm sure it will look dramatically different with grass and plants.

Looks good!

Dan

6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

that's the one thing i don't (can't:eek: ) offer is paver work. not enough experience if i run into a problem. That looks awesome though. Do you wind up doing more landscape jobs then grass?

7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Nice work GreenMonster! Very impressive.

Buck

8. GreenMonster

from NH

Thanks Ken. The walkway was fun for a few days, then it's just a relief to finally get it done.

I wish I had some before pics of what was there before. The crap I did in my youth before I knew ANYTHING about landscaping.
    :eek: The house is on the market, so I've been trying to dress up the entry

The rock work was also fun -- for a while. If you look to the right in the second pic, you'll see that it's really not finished. We built the wall with a cherry picker on a log truck.

ah!! I went browsing in the middle of this reply and found some pics. Here's a b4 of the same area I did the walkway, during construction of the wall. YUCK!

012_nr1.jpg

9. GreenMonster

from NH

This is my father-in-law in action with the cherry picker. He is incredible with that thing.

013_nr2.jpg

10. GreenMonster

from NH

I hope the grass and plantings will soften things up too. Problem was, it is a real straight shot from the house to the wall, so I wanted to break it up with some curves. You actually end up walking a pretty straight line, but the curves break any hard lines. Although the pics don't really show it, the rock stairs also slightly curve in sync with the walkway.