Another whacked customer

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Keegan, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I had a lady call me from the yellow pages wanting an estimate on doing a really small mulching job. About 6 bags. She accepted it right then. I mistakingly never had her sign a contract.
    I did the job two weeks ago now she says that she never hired me, she couldn't find my number in the yellow pages to respond to my past due letter and that she is not ever the owner of the home. she goes on and on.

I'm writing a letter now telling her to pay within 10 days or I send it to collections or I go and take the mulch back.

Anything I should do differently?

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

why did u leave the property, without payment in hand?
  3. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

We leave 50-100 properties a day without payment in hand. Most people arent even home we we work. I think maybe you got scammed. But for 6 bags of mulch, I wouldnt lose sleep over it. But i wish you good luck on collecting.
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Go back and apply the free round of roundup that comes with the mulch and call it even.
  5. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Why dont you go back and start scaping the mulch off her yard, see how fast she comes out with a check.
  6. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Fill up a ballon with the strongest chemical you can, make that several balloons and throw them in the middle of the grass late at night. She'll love the results.....

By the way, who cares, it is 6 bags, you were had.
  7. JTHutch

JTHutch LawnSite Member

I like to go late at night and with my backpack roundup sprayer write a message that will show up a few days later in the lawn.