Another what do you think about this truck thread!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mikeylikesit5805, Jan 25, 2012.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

2. DVF Lawn Care

DVF Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have been looking at trucks for months now and for that year and the mileage it has that seems like a pretty good price. Then again nothing can really be said until you see it in person and drive it. Good luck!
  3. Deori

Deori LawnSite Member

I also have been shopping trucks for a good while and agree that it's a good price for the miles/year. I see so many people with 10 year old trucks with well over 100k miles still trying to get like 10 grand for them, it's insane!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. steve4611

steve4611 LawnSite Member

Used car sales, especially for trucks seemed to have rose sharply over the past couple of years. Less demand for new $40k trucks coupled by a new desire to go ahead and replace the motor instead of paying a new mortgage for a truck payment.

Just got off with Matt and Crystal (nice people) and made arrangements to pick up the truck tomorrow, cash in hand. Sweet find!! Let me know if you see any other deals! This one's on me :drinkup: (kidding, kidding)

Really, nice truck with low miles for that year. The price looks a little on the low side, but anything can happen on Craigslist. Think of a price that you would feel real comfortable buying the car at, subtract this from the difference and multiply by two. This is what number you mutter under your breath right after you seem really worried because your wife insisted on staying away from cloth upholstery.
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Price looks good for that many miles. Have it checked out at your auto service guy of choice. Anything CL to me MUST be inspected first, too many shysters out there.
  6. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

Thanks guys, I will go look at it soon. I hate this, he said 7 other people are interesting in it. Trying not to get rushed.

Anything to look for in these trucks?
  7. greensolutions1

greensolutions1 LawnSite Member

just know that the 6.0 sucks down the gas
  8. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

yeah 6.0 get about 13.6 mpg empty average,but they are strong motors.
  9. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

I have an almost identical truck. Mine is a 2000 Extended cab 6.0. It has 152,000 miles on it, almost always pulling a trailer. It has been a great truck. I have done very little maintenance on it. (front wheel bearings, sparkplugs, 2 drivers side window motors, gas and oil) I have never even put brake pads on it. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. I have considered buying a new truck, but I doubt it would be as good as the one I own now. So I will just keep this one. My only complaint is the fuel mileage. I have a 4.11 rear end so I get 11mpg empty and about 7 with a trailer. $5000 sounds like a good deal to me, good luck.
  10. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I have the exact truck. Good deal! Fuel mileage is the same in any 3/4 ton truck. I have 128000 on mine and it's been great for me. I like a normal size truck. Too much sheet metal in the new ones. I plows and tows with ease. You'll love it coming from a 1/2 ton. Go for it.