another "what would you buy" thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thesargent, Oct 3, 2006.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

so what would you buy. Quick36 samurai, exmark 36 belt, or a husqvarna 36 belt.the only dealer here is the husqvarna.

2. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

For the price the Samaria is a awsome piece of machinary. Better Outdoor Products is having a sell right now. Today I did all my yard with the Samurai, I usually use my Walker mower, but today I thought I would use the Samurai all day. I was little tired from walking to use to sitting on my butt and mowing. The machine has a great cut and is very easy to use, even for someboby as lazy as me.

3. thesargent

thank you.

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have not heard much good about husq, have heard a lot of good on Better Outdoor Products and of course the exmark is a fine mower. I have not used any of the above but from what I've read I would choose the samurai.

5. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

Quick 36 can't beat the price and haven't heard anything negative about the Better products. You don't need a dealer close to you they come straight from the factory.

6. Godfather

Godfather LawnSite Member

Get an Exmark you can count on.

7. S. Helwig

S. Helwig LawnSite Member

I bought a Quick 36 Samurai last month...Great machine! I had 2 small issues with it. (I busted the brake handle and the gas cap was leaking) I called them today and they are shipping me new parts next day!!! Awesome Service!

8. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

Exmark is the way to go. Very reliable machine.

9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

That's a good point. I like the Samurai's and Better Outdoor is less than two hours away; but since you purchase factory direct, who does the warranty work?:confused:

10. thesargent

what does a 36 inch belt drive exmark go for? ultimatly i would love an exmark hydro 36, but cant afford it. im getting to the point where i need a bigger mower than the 21 incher. i dont mow any hilly areas. would the exmark belt do good even in damp conditions, i live in the pacific northwest, in oregon, so the grass is wet at times. i really want to make the right decision. living in a small town we dont have the option to demo machines, so im stuck doing tons of research and asking for lots of opinions. thanks for your time.