1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Another "whats it worth" thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Nov 8, 2006.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I'm thinking of selling my mower and business if i can find the right job. I'm out of the loop on the value of used mowers. Can anyone give me a good idea of what this things worth?

2005 Exmark Lazer Z
    • 550 hours
    • 60” UltraCut deck
    • Kohler 27hp air cooled engine with Nelson 3 stage air filtration system
    • Striping roller kit
    • Operator Controlled Discharge Chute
    • Ultra-Vac QDS quick dump from seat collection system (50 hours on unit)
    • Custom Ride suspension seat kit
    • Trash Grabber w/holder
    • Sendec tachometer
    • Zero flat front tires, good tread on back tires

Extra blades, all manuals.

All maintenance done regularly, clutch always engaged and disengaged at low throttle, recent mule drive belt replacement at around 500 hrs.

This is not a for sale ad, just a question inquiring of its value.
    Thanks for all responses.

2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

this is a good unit I have no idea. guess 9,700 high side with collection system
  3. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Good to hear from you. Long time since you have been about.

Now to the business at hand. I would say the setup is worth $2000 tops, but out of respect for your hard work and ingenuity here over the years, I will give you $2500 and have it out of your garage by the weekend. Please provide an address. I am on my way. :canadaflag:

You've had a lot of fun over the years with this business and have opened our eyes with your ingenuity. I agree with many here who feel you are destined for bigger and better things. Put your heart into anything you pursue and you will do well.

As for the mower - top notch setup, as you know. A long way from some of your early Bushhogboy creations! Sorry, I can't help with a value.

Hey, hasn't Gamba donated a few toys to you over the years? Maybe this mower could be your gift to him!!! :drinkup:

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Wow if I could get at least 9k for it I'd sell it right now.

DEEJ, thanks, yes John's donated a couple items for which i'm eternally grateful, I wish I could one day meet that great man. He's played a large part in my decision to use Exmark equipment over the years. He was the number one reason I bought my first eXmark a few years ago, because I always saw his gorgeous lawns done with Exmarks, Proslides, and striping rollers. After running my TTHP I was a firm beleiver in Exmark, especially after trying the other brands. I strayed and bought a Ferris which didn't work out well mainly due to dealer issues, but came back and bought this Lazer to replace that Ferris and this Lazer is nothing less than awesome.
    Unfortunately I'm not quite the philanthropist I wished to be by this point in life LOL... I have a bunch of bills and debt I wish to eliminate and reduce as much as possible right now and I don't quite feel that lawns are my future although I'm unsure of what my future holds I'm not 100% positive its grass cutting, but I could be wrong. If I sell my biz, good, if not, ok...