Another wildly overpriced business on Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

2. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I hope he is just joking about the price for that business, if not I would like to see what my business is worth then.:rolleyes:

3. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

This is getting to be hilarious. I am willing to bet he doesn't get any bids. I can understand illness, but that is no reason to break one off in some body. He is asking MORE than he can gross in a year. If he can get it, then I got screwed when I sold my biz. I sold for much less than that, for a whole lot more yearly gross.

I agree with him that it is a beautiful place to live. There is no doubt about that. But he says that you won't have ANY BOSSES. Yeah right, we ALL know better than that.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If he gets it, I'm selling my biz next week. I'm gonna retire and move.

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

What??? No equipment list???

Oh well, just the truck and trailer are worth the asking price. ;)

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I wanted to sell a few years ago. Bus was 10 years old, grossing $250K, 3 trucks, yada-yada-yada. I would have been lucky to walk w/ $140K. No thank you. I guess I'm stuck. But hey, there's one born every moment and that guy supposedly has a bid at $51K. Wow.

Bob

P.S. We're currently at 4 trucks, more equip and doing considerably better.

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. I'd also bet some big $ that he doesn't get a single bid. You'd have to be an idiot to buy that clunkler, trailer, and 30 accounts in the middle of nowhere, Oregon for that price. (Trust me, Cottage Grove is not a place you want to live.)

Even if it were in my area it still wouldn't be worth anywhere near that. I'd offer him one months' payments for all of the customers for each of the accounts (payable 1/2 now and 1/2 in 3 months after I saw whether they'd stay with me or not) and tell him to sell his truck and trailer seperately.

8. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I'm with Hoss on this one!

9. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Great job description too........ Wonder what the downsides are?:D

10. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

He's already moved to Augusta, Ga.

dcp_0003.jpg