Another winter mess

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Dec 6, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Did I ever tell you about how much I hate winter?

We were only supposed to get maybe 1 to 2 inches of snow last night and this morning.

Well, we got the 2 inches and about 2 inches more. And then to make matters worse, we are now getting freezing rain.

I am glad that this is my last year. It's almost like winter knows its my last year and it giving me one great send off. Heck, I don't ever remember getting this type of weather this early in December over and over again. Usually our winter doesn't start until January or end of December. But we have received about 1 1/2 feet of snow total in the last 2 1/2 weeks.
  2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah thanks that crap is coming my way, it should be here by dinner. The crews are thinking they will have tomorrow off until they saw me taking out the tents and heaters. We have walkways to build gentleman.
  3. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Our Bermuda grass is still green.

Temps will be in the mid 50's here all week.

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm jealous.
  5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your last year? are you closing the buis. or moving or what?
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm still backing those odds I gave a while or so'll be back at it LOL :D
  7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Tideman-It does seem like you have gotten a lot of snow so far.
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i had the same problem today in NY. We were suppose to get snow but not accumulate and quickly change to my friend the rain. Was planing on doing my last route of cleanups today. I leave school and their is an inch on the ground and my ford is at the shop so the plow isnt ready. I really :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :angry: :angry: :angry: F***ing hate the weathermen. Its coming down like hell and we could easily reach 2-3 inches
  9. tiedeman

from earth

just last year doing snow removal. I have four customers that I still have to maintain for 3 years though (lenght of their contract)
  10. tiedeman

from earth

I moved up to 99.1% today :D