ANSI standards

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Swampy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anybody have a "list" or online source to pull up ASNI standard's for landscaping?

Need to qoute something for some BS home inspector.

Parents are trying to sell their home. The realitor of the interested party is trying to pull that the entire lawn needs to be regraded from a little seep from their basement wall. Long story short he is trying to say its a grading issue, and want my parents to have lawn regraded by his contractor for $1900. Its not even a 1/3 acre lot.

From what I do know is the lawn must be pitched away from the structure and swall (SP?) must created between neighboring structures.

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Might be better off fiding out what code is. I think it is like 1" drop per 10'. And a swell would work

3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there some kind of law or ordinance where they live that requires such a standard to be met for a house to be sold? If not, this is just a crafty home buyer getting someone to use standards that do not apply in order to leverage your parents to fix a potential problem on their dime.

They may want to do it if they need to sell the house and there are no other buyers. Or, maybe they have other prospects and can tell the buyer to fix it himself.

Again, if there is a legal requirement to meet this standard it would be another story. My concern would be that these buyers are just at the beginning of a whole lot of more ways to get things fixed or money knocked off.

4. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

Check the county or city codes for new construction. Or better yet just ask one of the building inspectors about grade away from house and he could tell you what code is.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Little seeps are future big probs see sections 404, 405, 406, and 801 of the International Residential Code ir
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. FLCthes4:11-12

FLCthes4:11-12 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah I dont think that grading would be brought up in American Nursery Standards. Other than it should be graded away from dwelling to alleviate standing water. Residential Building Code is where you might find something.

7. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks I'll take a look into the building codes. The seep was from having crappy gutters, since posting new gutters where installed.