Answering Machine Message

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SR Landscaping, Feb 24, 2003.

1. SR Landscaping

SR Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Guess I ALWAYS Had TOO MUCH TIME on my hands! Came up with this 20 years ago. What do ya think?:blob3:
    You have reached the office of Ned Remier
    The Number 1 name in the Lawncare game (So I LIED!)
    Sorry I missed your call, It's really a shame
    But I'm out working late, due to the rain
    If your a regular customer, and It's service you seek
    Be rest asurred, I'll be there by the end of the week
    If your a new customer, and need lawncare this summer
    please leave a message, your name and your number

I know I ain't no Shakespear lol! And it seems really long, but it really worked back in the day.
    Go ahead, and give me your opinion, I can take it! Stevoo
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's really good.

The reason I leave a short message is because I am too cheap to pay for too much phone time. :rolleyes:
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I would just keep in mind that some people will be turned off by such a long greeting message. I know when I call someone and get a answer service, I don't want to hear a long spiel or push a bunch of numbers before I can leave my message. Just my .02 though.:)
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL Shouldn't you be in school? Try reading a post before responding to it. It is on HIS answering machine.
  5. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a friend's girlfriend do our message. She has a very professional voice. Just a short & sweet rhymes etc. I feel as though the girls voice gives the impression of a secretary...even though i do not have one.

I like the rhyming though...its unique!

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

You pay nothing if someone is calling you!!! Unless you have it forwarded to your cell phone. And, I don't think that is what you meant.
  7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

My cell phone is the only one I use. The people @ the phone company told me that I was charged if someone left me a message on MY phone.

BTW: I am in school but, I just have nothing to do. :sleeping:
  8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Then you have a horrible plan. Not to mention...who really pays for your cell phone? Or is that all you have to pay for?

That explains what is wrong with our youth today. Why don't you go to the library and read?

Disclaimer: I try to take your responses with a grain of salt as you are only 15, but with as many inane responses you make, it is next to impossible. I just hope people aren't taking your advice too seriously.

P.S. Please remove that annoying banana.
  9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I would say the phone message is too long and you would get alot of hang ups. Short and sweet and to the point gets a reponse from me when calling a vendor.
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Maybe you should reread the original post. We are talking about the greeting that you put on your voicemail(the one that greets each caller before you get to leave your message), not about leaving messages on someones voicemail.