Answering service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bryan McMullen, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Bryan McMullen

Bryan McMullen LawnSite Member

I had remembered a while back you all had talked about answering services.Did anyone do it and how well does it work.
  2. You need the forwarding option from Ma Bell first.

Then you just call up one of the local live answering machine services and they will give you one of their in house phone numbers for you to forward your calls.

For the first time in at least 5 years I have started a
    30 day classifed ad on Sunday. I have it area specific to the hi end burbs and list a special web based e-mail account to track the activity.

What I do to avoid the cost to ma bell and the answering machine service is to just make the add copy like this.

"e-mail or call
    555-1212 from 5-9pm."

This gives them an idea when to call when you are available
    to pitch your propaganda.

[Edited by lawrence stone on 03-24-2001 at 04:08 PM]
  3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

It's just a choice, I know a couple of companies use an answering service and I guess it works for them, but the client must ALWAYS leave a message, usually to have the company be paged and return their call. I use Talkworkspro on my computer and when a call comes in they are given a few choices; 1-"to have your call forwarded to Steve, press 1" 2-"to leave a message press 2" 3-"to send a fax, press 3" 4-"to hear a menu of services we provide, press 4". Of course with #1 you need to have 3-way calling. I love it, and my clients like it because they can get in touch with NOW if they need to, or simply leave a message.