Answers to old Sno-Way Board Postings

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Bryan, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Bryan

Bryan LawnSite Member

The sno-way plow uses hi-tensile strength steel throughout the moldboard assy. The Steel insert on both the straight blade and Lobo "V" is 16gauge Hi-Tensile Steel = 12gauge. Recommeded fluid has to be equivalent to ZFI5606 fluid, if you are using something else and it stills works for you great. Mounting height is between 9-11" as spec. unless noted in mounting kit instructions. Controls are rocker switch or joystick control and yes the joystick is somewhat large and bulky, this will be changing, the Lobo control has large rockers that most find easy to operate. The cylinders are double acting and allows to operate in different directions at the same time on the Lobo. Down Pressure is standard on the Lobo and optional on all other plows as of 2001. The Paw Stand is standard on all plows as of 2001. Warranty rate is 2%, I do not know what other manufacturers rates are because they do not make this known.
    Lexan is a GE product and is 1/8" Thick, make sure to never use a petroleum base product on the lexan or it will cause damage. Shoes, shoes do not have to be on the plow Except the middle shoe on the LOBO "V". Down Pressure is a patent that Sno-Way owns. Mounting problems, yes it is not the easiest at first to mount, we use the 3 pin system because we know it is safe, along with every plow comes a safety coupling for the hydraulic cylinder should you ever lose pressure and the plow comes down while transporting. As of 2001 a retro-kit will be available to make mounting the plow a little easier, contact me if you want more info. Why not a quick style mount? Sno-Way has researched this and will eventually have one, however we know that the 3-pin mount remains the safest one out there and many drive in style mounts require level surfaces for hookup, not always convenient. I hope I was able to answer most of the questions from the board I could find, I'm playing catch up here, so bare with me.

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Just out of curiosity... why does my SnoWay tend to "bounce" a little more while driving now? Someone else had mentioned this a while back, and I wasn't having this happen at the time. Any ideas?

-Tim

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I am sorry to act like a jerk.

However if you want to answer someones questions, write our the question, and then you answer. The way you answered people's questions sounds like one big add.

Like I have said before, if you want to sell your product here, buy an add here.

Geoff

4. SlimJim Z71

Geoff,

Give the guy a break... there have been a LOT of questions posted on this board. Could you imagine if he had to type out each and every question? That post would be incredibly long, and would take up a lot of space. I think he's doing the right thing. I wish more manufacturers would show their faces on here. Just goes to show who stands behind their products.

-Tim

5. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Geoff,

Don't forget Bryan is new here,so we must treat him like a new member.You are right it does sound like a advertisement,but lets give him a chance.After all not too many other manufacturers on board here.

Thanks

6. Alan

Alan Member

Geoff, He's not advertising, he took the time to research old questions and lumped the answers into one post. I remember some of the questions coming around before. I don't remember anyone taking time to do anything like that from any of the other makers.

7. Bryan

Bryan LawnSite Member

Geoff, sorry if I have offended you or you feel I am wasting your space here. When I searched the board there were more than 85 questions on Sno-Way that no one fully answered. I was attempting to answer as many as possible. As far as advertising my product, how do you figure, most of you aren't in my territory, I have not mentioned one time about price, all I have tried to do is answer questions and tell people information about what is changing, if you owned a Sno-Way would you want to know? or would you rather read it in an ad 6 months later. I will make sure from now on that I don't mention anything new. At least I care enough to be here in the first place.

8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Bryan,

I don't think your response looked like one big ad. Well, it might look like an ad, if that was your intention, but clearly it was not. You seem to genuinely want to help Sno Way owners, that posted so many questions here. I for one wish that Meyer, Western, Diamond, Fisher, Boss, and any others would get on board here too. It's easy to sit back and read posts. It takes more to speak your mind, and try to help out those in this business.

Everyone here knows how much I try to help those who own Meyer plows, with the problems they have. I wish Meyer would answer the people for me, but we both know that ain't happening!

Alan, being a Sno Way owner, has tried to help many here with problems they encountered. The same as Geoff has helped those who own Diamond and Fisher plows, and Dino has helped Western owners. Digger is always quick to post on anything related to Boss plows.

From what I have seen, Bryan, you have spoken in the same manner that we have. A helpful manner, not a sales pitch.

Once again, thanks for joining us here at Lawnsite!

~Chuck Smith
    Senior Moderator

9. SlimJim Z71

The way I look at it is this... we're all here for one common goal, to learn from each other and teach eachother. So far I've learned a lot from this board, to the point where I am doing some "teaching" of my own. So if you want to post information, be it an ad or not... the more information we all have, the better off we are.

-Tim

10. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Bryan,
    Dont let anyone discourage ya from posting all the info you want! I agree with slimJim we are all here to learn and that was one of the most educated post about snow-way plows posted on here to date.....Why would you want to run someone off when they are answering questions that are posted on this web-site? If you look you can find ?'s about almost everything he mentioned in his post!!!!!!!

Im sorry but I have to say Geoff if you have to be a jerk then should you really post a message? If we all posted messages that started with "sorry to act like a jerk"none of us would enjoy this site as much as we do! I bet that you could have been more polite and even gotten your point across.
    Come on Geoff ease up on him!!!

PEACE:]