1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anti-blow out baffles

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greasy_gun, Oct 19, 2003.

1. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

guys ive seen several posts in other forums regarding anti-blow out baffles.........manufacturers designing these for the grass/leaf probs....
    are the dealers charging you for these baffle kits?
    is it a flaw in the deck design?
    i have a simplicity broadmoor, and this little 50" cuts and stripes as well as any,not as fast...but an extremely high quality cut.

the broadmoor had the blowout prob, and the dealer calls me, says to drop it off, and they will install a baffle kit on it, if i want it.
    i ask how much, and dealer informs me it a factory deal, no charge for kit or installation.

im impressed...simplicity takes care of the customer.

btw, the baffle kit solved the prob regarding blow out..

why dont the other manufacturers do this, instead of charging you guys for another accessory, that most likely is a design flaw to begin with????
  2. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

Good point! Maybe we just don't ----- enough! My baffle kit for my Lazer cost me $50.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Blowout on a Lawn Tractor isn't NEARLY as bad as blowout on a ZTR.

On a ZTR, your feet and your self get covered!
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I made a quick bolt in one for my TTHP just for leaves only and it is amazing the difference it makes. cost nothing but 20 minutes of time, only takes 5 minutes to put in or take out. would highly recomend for leaf removal whether bagging or mulching it makes a humongous difference.
  5. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

BHB, could help me out and take a few picks of your baffle. I am in need of one and Exmark does not make one for my metro hp. Please.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

i'll try to remember to get a pic later.
  7. Scag does. I just lowered mine today for fall.
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I didn't think that an anti-blow-out baffle was the same thing as a discharge chute closer thingey.

blow out is what happens when the stuff comes from under the deck where you don't want it.

the discharge chute is where you want the stuff to blow out.

if you have a discharge chute closer thingey on the mower and you close it, you aren't stopping blow out, you are stopping discharge.

GEO :eek: