1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anti Blowout Holes

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Blessed 1, May 3, 2003.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Last night I was installing the anti blowout baffle on my 60" 5.5" deck and the middle hole did not line up at all. Is there a trick that I am missing?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

It's possible that a hole wasn't positioned properly but difficult to say for sure without seeing the baffle/deck. The holes should line up and it should be a relatively simple bolt in.

Depending upon how far off the holes are you may want to unbolt the baffle and bolt it back in starting at the other end or starting with the hole that didn't line up properly to begin with. I've not run into it on the blow out baffle but I have seen mulch kits that didn't want to line up until you loosened everything back up and started over. Then once the baffle's been in place for a while the bends in the steel relax a little to the proper fit making subsequent installations much easier.

If the holes are still too far off to line up I'd take it to my dealer for inspection or simply drill a new hole in the blow out baffle.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you got the wrong one. Could it be you got one for a 52" instead? Check the part number.