1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anti Scalp Rollers

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Truly Beautiful Lawn Care, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Anybody out there repairing your own anti scalp rollers? I replaced one yesterday on my 52 Exmark HP. 25 bucks! The exterior surface was in good condition. The inner portion was worn about 50% that caused the roller to slide back and forth. On my own yard, I noticed a slight "trench" in the grass. I guess you can say it was a streamline "scalp" in the grass. Anyway, I thought about shimming. Your thoughts?

Thanks, Jay
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I replaced the 3 on the frount of my WB about $8.00 apeace. The rod was worn pretty good so I was going to replace it until they told me it was $50.00. NO WAY. I put the new rollers on and let it ride!!
  3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a bunch of exmark anti-scalp rollers from jthomas distributors - they were the new style (off the Triton Deck). They were about $6 each. The bolt and the insert were about $3. When you buy rollers - make sure to get the NEW style - they're more conical shaped and won't dig into the lawn if you come up at it at angle (like the old ones).