1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anti Scalping wheels breaking off on XR-7

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jcltyson, May 17, 2006.

1. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

I'm having a problem on my Super Z with XR-7 deck which I've had about a month. For some reason my two of my anti scalping wheel bolts have broken off, losing the wheel under the deck. Two anti scalping wheels have had the center break away from the wheel, leaving the wheel just hanging there unattached to the center hub. I have a Toro ZTR that doesn't have this problem. The design is different in that there are mounting brackets welded on each side of the anti scalping wheel in the case of the Toro. The Hustler has just one bracket welded for each wheel.Is this just a design flaw that I am going to have to live with or is there something I can do. I have the wheels in the highest possible position for the least stress. I am a commercial operator but always try to be careful with my equipment.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

These are the same wheels we have used for 7 years and we mount them the same also...
    So I am wondering why myself.
    I will look into this and ask around and see what I can find out.

3. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I lost mine the first month I had mine 04 super Z. Never replaced to big of a pain to keep replacing
  4. Green Grass

Green Grass LawnSite Member
    from MN

on my mini z they don't even do the job