antiblowoutbaffle and ultravac

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MIDSOUTH, Nov 29, 2001.

1. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

What is the antiblowout baffle thingamabob for the 52" and 60" decks in the other thread the administrator put up for you . Does this help with the ultravac. I have a 2001 27lc 60" lazer. Do I need this baffle?

Another thing my ultravac is 4 months old and it has around 200hrs on it. the plastic housing (pn103-0426) in the bend going into the tube where the impellor throws grass,leaves and sand has developed a hole in it. The dealer saw it and it is from wear, at first we thought something may have hit it or something but you can feel where it gets real thin in the bend. My question will this be a warranty item. the ultra vac was bought on july 13, 2001. A commercial piece of equipment should last longer than four months and 200hrs. I believe the grasshopper housing is made of steel, I have a freind with a grasshopper and it's vac has around 1000hrs on it with no holes from wear.

One other question is will the 2002 tthp 48" have any changes from 2001? my dealer has 2001 ecs I am fixing to buy, I just want to make sure I wont be missing out on anything.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Midsouth,

I wouldn't say that you need it, but for me it really helped in bagging leaves. Check out the post on LOW LIFT BLADES FOR ULTRA-VAC.

Warranty?? I can't really answer that with out our dealer. Call or email me with who your dealer is and we figure out what happened. 402-223-6270, Fred.Fugett@exmark.com

As for 2002 TTHP48" the only thing that was changed on that was drag shield and hydro reservoir. The drag shield was widened a little and the reservoir is cast aluminum now.

Thanks, Fred.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks Lenny,

Just as soon as posted my buddy Lenny told me that I forgot to mention about the park being standard for 2002.

Thanks, Fred.

4. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Fred, I talked with my dealer today and he said that it would be covered by warranty, I am going to get him to let me put a little SMC fiberglass in the bend where it has the hole worn into it, before he puts it on, it should last a lot longer with the glass on it.