1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Mar 11, 2001.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

today I painted my trailer and installed my hitch on my
    new silverado. I pressure washed the mowers and i'm ready
    to change the oil, sharpen blades, and paint thier decks
    GENTLEMEN START YOUR LAWNMOWERS in just a few more weeks

[Edited by jeffex on 03-12-2001 at 01:48 AM]
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I changed the hydro filters on my diesel Chopper today. I will probably change the engine oil tomorrow and grease it. I am getting anxious too. I even fired up the EB6200 and cleaned up the flower beds and blew them out into the grass so I could pick them up with the 21 incher. So I was out mowing today. :)
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like June 1st for me!! The snow is even with the top of my picnic table today.

4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i smell it to, i'm geuss next week if not this weekend i might be able to start spring clean ups again. after this rain clears up. i can't wait it seems so long since i cut last.
  5. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

Sometimes I can't get to sleep at night because I just start thinking about mowing. I'm taking my mowers to get checked out tomorrow. It's suppose to warm up this week with rain so this might be the start of spring.
  6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Replaced the cable on the 3 wheel scag deck lift today. Took the deck off and did a couple brodies(donuts) in the driveway. Had about an inch of slush/snow left on it -he.he.he, couldnt resist.

The trucks were dropped off to have the oils changed and transmissions serviced, clutches adjusted, and motors given a nude that springs coming, new skins should be on the rims by mid-week. Stake racks will touched up w/paint next week.

Good Luck this season!
  7. David Hickerson

David Hickerson LawnSite Member

In full swing here in Houston. I am already dredding the heat wave to come as summers passed. Last year we hit 115 degrees.

8. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

what are you guys talking about!!!!!!!! we got so much snow in ct. ugh i feel like a frost farmer.
  9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

In SW PA, I believe the season will be 7-10 days later than last year. I don't expect any real mowing before April 1.

I am small, but did all my off-season repair work in January. Some days that were 45 degrees or so were warm enough to be outside for a couple of days. I was ready to go at that time. I did find one full day job in early February. A friend's mother's house has been vacant since September, and now needs to be sold. No leaves were cleaned, and no mowing since September. I got the leaves cleaned up, and mowed with LB. I was hoping nobody would haul me away for running the lawn mower in early February - ha! I have to admit, it felt pretty odd.

We had an early Winter, with very little work after Thanksgiving. This meant that some final Fall cleanups and final mowings never happened. Therefore, I expect to see more of that work this Spring. I have two on my list now, and will expect more soon. The end of this week sounds like 50 degrees without rain - time to get to work! The last of the snow should melt tomorrow.
  10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

cutting weekly