1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Antique Timers

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Nov 19, 2002.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I know this may sound weird, but does anybody collect old outdated timers that they have replaced? I have a few in the shop that I haven't collected on purpose, but hate to just throw them away. John/Mansville (thing is harder to program than anything I have seen), old Weathermatic, and others I can't think of. i've thought about seeing if they would sell on Ebay. Might be a long shot but some goofy things sell there.
  2. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Dana, what model weathermatic do you have? Back in the early 80's, I was the irrigation foreman at the B'moor hotel. 99% of the systems were weathermatic, installed by Robertsons.

Those timers are built like tanks. I've only run into a few of the older weathermatics through the years.......Most of my customers that have the older weathermatic heads have upgraded there timers through the years.
  3. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

It would be interesting to hear more about these and if someone out there collects them. Once in blue moon you see one on ebay. The oldest in my little collection (I can't throw this stuff away) is a Moist O Matic (toro co.). Its a manual unit for hyd valves (on a cast iron main and laterals) that we convert to electric. With regards... devildog
  4. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member